Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Long over due

Hello,


I did the most awesome exercise class on Tuesday and still can't walk properly. I just thought you'd find that amusing. 


There is this bunch of women who meet on a Tuesday morning at the botanical gardens here and do a class. It's about 6 women and an instructor, almost like a PT session but heaps cheaper. 


The instructor made me (us) run (I don't run), push up's moving from side to side, lunges. Frog jumps, what the hell? They suck and I am sure that's why I'm still sore, it is Thursday as I write this. Rowing with bands and all sorts of other unbearable torture. 


The bit that a lot have people would have disliked, is the fact that it is at 9am in the morning and the temp is already 30 with 80-90% humidity. 


It was a total shock to my system. I haven't done anything proper (well ever) but in terms of exercise, since before I had my son, so about 3 years ago.


I LOVED IT and will be going again and every time I hurt afterwards I will think of my personal trainer back in NZ. What a legacy she left me with. 


Otherwise it's all ok here. Hubby's work is trying to kill him and it maybe working. He has had a very full on week with 3 late nights and now he can't get out of bed cos of the flu. He has to get out of bed cos he has to have a dr's cert to have a sick day.


He sagely informed me that it was the 'Man flu' as he sat in the middle of the lounge while I was attempting to mop the floor around him.


My son is a delight today, but I won't go on as I may jinx things.


Off to Malaysia on Sat to get my tooth fixed. Seriously infected root canal a couple of weeks ago, which caused my face to swell. 


It's a 3rd of the price to have it done in Malaysia compared to here. I just hope that doesn't mean they only do a third of the work. 


The monsoon season seems to have arrived early. We are having daily thunderstorms (which I love). I am not so keen on the rain, but umbrella's do work here. That's a novelty. I will know that I have assimilated, when I start using an umbrella as a sun shade. No, not a parasol. 


Other ground breaking news is that the Nana, Hubby's Mum, is coming to visit. Should be interesting. More on that as it unfolds. Ok, time to go and do stuff. 


Picture of Mum with her suppurating abscess. Drawn by hubby with embellishments by son.

No comments:

Post a Comment